Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The rib i came from.

Perfectly carved,
in a Godly fashion,
richly endowed with so much wisdom,
confidence, beauty..
exuding strength,
with so much ease.
But starved..
of love and affection.
 loneliness,His impending destruction.

Laid to rest at the potter's feet,
robbed of his sight
by a deep sleep.
I was taken from his sides.
Not from his head or from his feet,
but from his ribs,
because at his side ,
is where i was made to be
not above him or beneath.

Then in me the potter instilled,
part his joy, part his sorrows
the answers he would need,
for the questions of the morrow.
part his pleasure part his pain,
and when his pride would stand in his way,
part the humility to speak the words 
his pride wont let him say.
Part his sickness, part his health;
Part his weakness, part his strength
breaking him at moments,
when feelings need to be felt.
Part his laughter, part his tears,
the potter knew he would reach
and he wanted me  near.
Part his hunger, part his thirst
and to each other,we would always come first.
Part his suffering, part his rest,
Completing him as I would come to know best.
From his ribs, the potter carved me,
equipping us for a journey.
once more,
he instilled in me
some sort of knowingness,
That a time will come
that the need for words,will be less.
And when it comes,
I must hold his hand,
and through the silence, 
of a million words,
walk with him.
And all this I would come to glean,
in the fugitive time,
we would have together on this earth;
lives entwined, 
and bodies  distinct,
but originally designed,
to become one.
And even before our eyes saw,
our souls knew of the potter's plans
and when the time comes,
it will be an honor,
to find the rib i came from.
To stand at his side again, my pleasure.


HEY GUYS, 
  I am sorry for the late posts.. Let me start by saying, I see your comments and appreciate every last one and those who wait on purple note posts, I see your messages too and I will really try to be more  consistent.
 So this poem is really self explanatory, and it is dedicated to us single gals..(wink)  that are about to  or have already given up and just settled for being  a cohabitant or sex mate,side chick or whatever else perverted forms of relationships are being practiced these days,those being played, used, violated and abused both verbally and physically. Those of us that find ourselves just constantly in toxic relationships and somehow got it in our heads that its what we deserve.Sis,I have good news, there is someone better out there. Keep your legs shut, your dignity intact and your principles and values checked, wherever you threw your standards and self respect, sweetie, pick it up! 
  Many times people tell me, ''Pamela, the reason you are still single is your standards , they are too high.'' and to that I say , ''Let it be'' ! If refusing to be a side chick, or a friend with benefits or demanding to be treated with respect means remaining single, I will gladly remain so. Sometimes it might be tiresome, depressing, or even suicidal( lol) but it doesn't mean the sun will now stop rising from the east, and start rising from the north. My mom taught me a long time ago, to be enough for me. If you want cake for valentines, buy yourself the creamiest that money can buy. I know I did. If you want a candle light dinner, with  a 3-course-meal, then that is exactly what you should do. Wear a pretty dress, put on Some sexy shoes, and beat that face, take yourself to dinner and just slay baby girl! There is no law against that. I know guys that will read this and laugh and call it pathetic hehe and it may seem that way at first, bit it beats being someone's  booty call or punching bag. That guy is coming, and it might take a while but he will be worth the wait infact you can querry and harrass him for wasting your time(please don't do that, i did not send you oh!) and guys, same goes to you, She definitely will be worth the wait. While we are waiting for the rib we came from, y'all guys should be waiting for the one that left you. P.s guys its not okay to chop from mercy, clara, candy, beverly,bisi, joy, kemi, dora, bisi, titi , halima because you are waiting.. AH! and you know from day1 oh .. that they are not the one but just to keep body and soul together.. all I can say is.. your Judgement is great in Heaven! you can't chop all of them and now be looking for virgin mary, in what world does that happen? Its not a crime to be a single male!

IF U ENJOYED READING THIS,PLS LIKE , LEAVE A COMMENT, SHARE,JOIN THE CIRCLE, FOLLOW MY PAGE,. I CANT WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU!

With all my heart,
PAMELA.

No comments:

Post a Comment